“What are some breakfast ideas that are good for pre-cleansing?” We get this question a lot. When we are used to eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, buttered toast, breakfast ideas that follow the Clean Diet (or an elimination diet) before we begin the shake routine can be challenging.
So here are some ideas we’ve compiled that should get through the few days of pre-cleansing easily and make your tastebuds happy too! Try some of these ideas either on or off the 21-Day Clean Program!
ELIMINATION DIET BREAKFAST IDEAS
- Hot cereals (gluten-free grains like brown rice, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa)
- Clean granola served with almond or coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Fruit (especially those with more fiber and less sugar like apples and berries, or those that are very hydrating like melons)
- Make your own coconut yogurt! There are recipes online for adding probiotic capsules to non-dairy full fat milks, which can provide healthy, homemade alternatives to grocery yogurt.
- Paleo Parfait, minus the goji berries
- A unique twist on PBJ’s: gluten-free crackers topped with raw almond butter and plain (no added sugar) fruit preserves or fresh fruit slices. Another option is a brown rice tortilla or a piece of millet lavash bread.
- Chickpea Scramble
- Salmon & avocado slices (simple and delicious, many gourmet brunch restaurants have this on their menus so it makes going out easier while on the elimination diet!)
- Gluten-free pancakes
- A whole (or half) papaya (it’s like an entire meal and full of great enzymes for digestion)
- Low-sugar smoothie bowl
- Apple slices with almond butter or cashew butter
- Sweet potato breakfast bowl
SMOOTHIE MIX AND MATCH INGREDIENTS
- Base Ingredients: coconut water, brewed herbal tea (warm, cold or room temperature), yerba mate, nut milks, seed milks, teccino, water
- Sweeteners: stevia, yacon, fruit, berries, dates or other dried fruits (moderate amounts)
- Fats and Protein: nuts, nut milk, rice milk, hemp seeds, hemp seed milk, coconut milk, shredded coconut, coconut oil, avocado, flax oil, hemp or brown rice protein powder (Vega, Living Harvest, Sun Warrior, Peaceful Planet- the quinoa one not the soy)
- Superfoods: green powders (Vitamineral Green), spirulina, sea salt, maca, lucuma, acai powder, mangosteen (berries or powder), mesquite, chlorella tablets, bee pollen, raw cacao
- Extras: carob, cinnamon, vanilla (powder or extract), nutmeg, ginger (minced root or powder), handfuls of greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard, dandelion, nettles, watercress, sprouts, etc.), cucumbers, apples,