Clean Chef Franky G has given us a wonderful variation to chicken salad, with lavender making it a summery delight for your taste buds! Not only does this herb add a lovely flavor, it’s relaxing, strengthening and uplifting.
I personally think this chicken salad and/or the lavender vinaigrette on its own would be wonderful when planning a catered wedding, since lavender blesses homes, unions and has been used during marriage ceremonies for centuries.
We hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- ½ cup minced red onions
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsely, roughly chopped
and for the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoons coconut nectar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried lavender
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Coat each chicken breast in olive oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Place in some kind of roasting/baking pan and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the chicken is cooling, make the vinaigrette by adding all the ingredients to a lidded jar and shaking vigorously OR placing ingredients in a bowl and whisking until well-combined. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the parsley and minced veggies, then pour in enough vinaigrette to generously coat the ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Enjoy in lettuce leaves, which are the perfect warm-weather bread substitute!