Delicious noodles that are gluten and grain free! These satisfy all pasta cravings and are perfect warm or cold. Enjoy endless topping and sauce possibilities. We hope you have a blast experimenting with what's local, in season or what your taste buds are jonesing for.
Use this recipe from Clean Chef Franky G as a starting point, then let us know what you come up with!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large summer squash, cut into ¼ rounds
2 handfuls mushrooms (any kind, white, crimini, shiitake, etc.)
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil (or any herbs you have on hand)
1 bulb of fennel, green ends discarded and the white bulb sliced
¼ cup pine nuts
1 package kelp noodles
1. Remove the kelp noodles from the package and rinse well under cold water. Drain and set aside.
4. Cook until the garlic becomes slightly browned and fragrant, then toss in the sliced squash, mushrooms and fennel. Continuously shake the pan, or keep stirring with a wooden spoon, to prevent the garlic from burning.
5. Add the kelp noodles and stir for a few more minutes, using a pair of tongs to toss all the ingredients together.
6. Add the basil, letting it wilt, which should be just about when the noodles are perfectly warm.
7. Remove from heat and season to taste with sea salt. Garnish with any additional fresh herbs and pine nuts.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe: Frank Giglio
Photos: Jenny Nelson