What fruit is high in niacin, potassium, calcium, vitamin A and beta carotene, a great urinary and digestive tonic, a kidney cleanser and an excellent source of fiber? Peaches! Unfortunately they're not really in season for those of us in cold climates but if you've planned ahead and have a freezer full of fruit, or can pick up a bag at the market, you can have a blast of summer in the middle of winter.
The sweetness is balanced out with protein and healthy fat additions, making this a creamy and energizing breakfast (or dinner) for cleansers or anyone who just wants a sweet treat. So pull out your blender and enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cups whole fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (most health food stores have this in bulk, but you can also use a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- optional: scoop of Nourish (or any elimination diet-friendly protein powder)
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with a few sprinkles of toasted (or raw) coconut for extra crunchy treat.
Delicious. . .
Recipe by Frank Giglio / Photo by Jenny Nelson