Cauliflower soup is a delicious, warming, creamy, comforting, perfect for winter, and packed with nutrition. Instead of being reduced to a side dish or smaller part of a meal, this cauliflower soup recipe puts the vegetable and all of its benefits at the center of the meal. The recipe below makes enough to serve 2-4 (depending on the serving sizes).
Cauliflower Soup Benefits
Some may underestimate the many good effects of cauliflower on our bodies. Just one serving provides 77% of our daily value of vitamin C, in addition to being a good source of other vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, protein, fiber, and more. The following cauliflower soup recipe is a perfect meal to have on the 21-Day Clean Program. The vitamins and antioxidants inside the vegetable support Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification.
- 2 TB extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into pieces
- sea salt (himalayan or celtic)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 cups vegetable stock (unsweetened)
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, rice, almond, hemp)