What fruit is high in niacin, potassium, calcium, vitamin A and beta carotene, a great urinary and digestive tonic, a kidney cleanser, and an excellent source of fiber? Peaches! These fruits are great for a snack or to make a peach smoothie as part of your cleanse. While they’re at their peak season in summer, you can plan ahead and freeze your own, or can pick up a bag at the market, to have a blast of summer in the middle of winter.
Peaches are rich in phytochemicals called phenols that act as antioxidants. The sweetness in this peach smoothie recipe is balanced out with protein and healthy fat additions, making it a creamy and energizing breakfast (or dinner) for cleansers or anyone who just wants a sweet treat. So pull out your blender and enjoy!
Peach Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cups whole fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (most health food stores have this in bulk, but you can also use a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 scoops of vanilla Daily Shake
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with a few sprinkles of toasted (or raw) coconut for extra crunchy treat.
Recipe by Frank Giglio
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like A Raspberry Smoothie with Surprising Protein Power